Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Super 8

This is the ONLY film that matters this summer.

Mainly because it looks amazing and prove that classic style of cinema still exists. Sure, this summer is going to be HUGE for movies. It's going to be one of the biggest on record. Sequels galore. X-Men, Harry Potter, Thor, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Hangover II, Captain America, Cars 2, Green Lantern, Transformers, etc.

And the only one that is important is Super 8.

Directed by JJ Abrams and produced by Steven Spielberg - this film is everything I grew up on. It's part The Goonies, part E.T., with a smidge of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. The best part of it? It's trying to be like those films. And whats better than that? It succeeds.

It does something very special. It doens't just look and sound like an old Amblin film - it feels like it.

This is the kind of movie I miss.

The kind that I grew up watching every Saturday morning in my PJ's...

I am literally giddy for this film.



So please...do me a favor and yourself...and go watch it the trailer...

If you're curious about the premise, ask about it - because the trailer is a little cliff hangerish and vague.


You can also watch it in it's full glory in HD here...
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/super8/

1 comment:

  1. OK, the trailer grabbed ME - I will certainly go to it!

    ReplyDelete