Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sleeper of the Summer

I know I've posted about this before, but get over it.

It's real - the official, full length trailer for Ridley Scott's Prometheus  has been released and my god, is it a doozy. It has everything you could want from the man who created Alien, Blade Runner, and so many other films. Atmosphere, tension, compelling narrative. This movie will drive itself and take us along for the ride, regardless of if we are ready for the turns it'll take.

Is it going to be scary? Absolutely. I think that's why I'm so excited for it. I know there are other big films coming out this summer, mainly The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises (my big two), but I think Prometheus is a force to be reckoned with. I have no doubt it'll be as good as the others, if not better, my doubt just comes when I think about how much it'll make at the box office. Obviously I'm in full support of it and I hope everyone else will be too.

Sit back and enjoy. I know the last couple teasers have been vague, but this covers a little more story. Sure, they're still very loose with what they tell us - but it still sucked me in.

Hell - the cast is even impressive. Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace. Hot damn, I just want it to get here now.

2 comments:

  1. OK, Drew, I tell you what - YOU see the movie, and then let me know how it was. It made me think of Alien on speed - too scary for my blood!

    ieyu, ilys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! Man, I love monster movies haha

    ReplyDelete